GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shade shade shade (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/22928-shade-shade-shade.html)

stephane Boutin 17-05-2003 02:44 PM

Shade shade shade

This lawn in serounded with trees. Big trees. The grass never grows.We have
a little bit of grass with moss. What can we do so the kids don't big in all
the dirt. I want soming to grow and so it looks nice.

steph

---

bnd777 17-05-2003 06:44 PM

Shade shade shade

If they are your trees cut them down or lift the crown
If they are the neighbours .......go and discuss the matter very gently
See www.hedgeline.org though before you go

stephane Boutin 17-05-2003 08:32 PM

Shade shade shade

The clients trees.
He loves all the trees But the grass dose not grow.The kids just drag in all
the dirt in the house
I thought of planting vinca minor.But if anyone has this problem and do not
just CUT thier trees down I'd love to get your Ideas.

steph

bnd777 17-05-2003 10:56 PM

Shade shade shade

If you plant Vinca it wont be long before thats all thats growing everywhere
Large trees and shade do not encourage grass or anything else

hayley 17-05-2003 11:32 PM

Shade shade shade

why not give up on the lawn, cover the area in a thick coat of play-bark and
plant things like primulas, hostas, astilbes, dogwoods, rhododendrons etc
around the edges.
Hayley

Hussein M. 18-05-2003 03:08 AM

Shade shade shade

On Sat, 17 May 2003 14:35:03 -0400, "stephane Boutin" wrote:

bnd777 a écrit dans le message :
If they are your trees cut them down or lift the crown
If they are the neighbours .......go and discuss the matter very gently
See www.hedgeline.org though before you go

The clients trees.
He loves all the trees But the grass dose not grow.The kids just drag in all
the dirt in the house
I thought of planting vinca minor.But if anyone has this problem and do not
just CUT thier trees down I'd love to get your Ideas.

Is it very leaf mouldy under the trees? Is it always very dry, or is it collecting water
from elsewhere (eg slope, drip circle of the trees)?

Huss
Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.

Zizz 18-05-2003 07:32 AM

Shade shade shade

This lawn in serounded with trees. Big trees. The grass never grows.We

have
a little bit of grass with moss. What can we do so the kids don't big in

all
the dirt. I want soming to grow and so it looks nice.

steph

---

I'm guessing you're talking about dry shade here so I've done a quick check
and the following should do okay under trees:
Euphorbia
Cranesbill
Cyclamen
Luzula nivea