GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Runner Beans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/23115-runner-beans.html)

The Devil's Advocate 18-05-2003 06:56 PM

Runner Beans

After about thirty years of planting runner beans I was surprised today to
find, as I was planting out, that one had two shoots coming from one seed
and another had three shoots coming from one seed. I can't recall if I have
seen this before. Has anyone else seen it before?

Robert

Anthony E Anson 18-05-2003 09:44 PM

Runner Beans

The message
from "The Devil's Advocate"
contains these words:

After about thirty years of planting runner beans I was surprised today to
find, as I was planting out, that one had two shoots coming from one seed
and another had three shoots coming from one seed. I can't recall if I have
seen this before. Has anyone else seen it before?

No, but I have a lemon pip which is sprouting two tap roots. I blame the
Government. Oh, and the EC. And global warming. And Chernobyl. gasp!

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi