Old 19-05-2003, 12:01 PM
hayley

Default lawn daisy

can any one recommend a supplier of lawn daisy (Bellis perennis) plug plants
or seed please as I'd really like them in my lawn. TIA,
Hayley

Old 19-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Tim

On Mon, 19 May 2003 11:53:08 +0100, hayley
wrote:

can any one recommend a supplier of lawn daisy (Bellis perennis) plug
plants
or seed please as I'd really like them in my lawn. TIA,
Hayley

try : http://www.wildflower.org.uk/ or :
http://www.wildflowerlinks.co.uk/seeds.htm

I think I got some via Thomson & Morgan.

Tim.

Old 19-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Helen

Hello. You will almost certainly be able to get the seed from Chiltern
Seeds or Suffolk Herbs. But.....do you know anyone with daisies in
their lawn - just dig up a few and transplant them to your lawn. It is
lovely to hear of someone who appreciates these pretty flowers. Some
people actually try to get rid of them! - Unbelievable.
Anyway, best of luck!

Old 19-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Bazza

On Mon, 19 May 2003 13:08:44 +0200, Tim
wibbled:

wrote:

can any one recommend a supplier of lawn daisy (Bellis perennis) plug
plants
or seed please as I'd really like them in my lawn. TIA,
Hayley

try : http://www.wildflower.org.uk/ or :
http://www.wildflowerlinks.co.uk/seeds.htm

I think I got some via Thomson & Morgan.

I looked around for some last year as our lawn is sadly daisyless but
couldn't find anything. I followed the links above and eventually on a
link from wildflowerlinks page found some. Unfortunately a packet of
seed costs £1.50 plus £5 p&p. The search continues.

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'
Old 20-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Mark

wrote:

can any one recommend a supplier of lawn daisy (Bellis perennis) plug
plants
or seed please as I'd really like them in my lawn. TIA,
Hayley

try : http://www.wildflower.org.uk/ or :
http://www.wildflowerlinks.co.uk/seeds.htm

I think I got some via Thomson & Morgan.

I looked around for some last year as our lawn is sadly daisyless but
couldn't find anything. I followed the links above and eventually on a
link from wildflowerlinks page found some. Unfortunately a packet of
seed costs £1.50 plus £5 p&p. The search continues.

http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk/acat...llis_seed.html 1.49 and free
shipping

Mark

Old 21-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Bazza

On Tue, 20 May 2003 10:51:20 +0100, "Mark"
wibbled:

"Bazza" wrote in message
.. .

I looked around for some last year as our lawn is sadly daisyless but
couldn't find anything. I followed the links above and eventually on a
link from wildflowerlinks page found some. Unfortunately a packet of
seed costs £1.50 plus £5 p&p. The search continues.

http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk/acat...llis_seed.html 1.49 and free
shipping

I had a look and nice as they are, they're not the sort of daisy that
inhabits most lawns (but not ours). Thanks anyway. I had a look on all
the seed stands today at Chelsea and turned up nothing. Maybe I should
have just taken some from the grass round the bandstand.

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'
Old 22-05-2003, 10:20 PM
hayley

You will almost certainly be able to get the seed from Chiltern
Seeds or Suffolk Herbs.

Thanks for all the replies.

have just looked and Chiltern seeds do have them - P&P only 80p and £1.22 a
packet for the seeds
Hayley

Daisy and Bee - daisy-and-bee.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 7 31-07-2007 02:29 AM
Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun? Kevin Miller Gardening 4 04-06-2003 12:32 PM
lawn daisy hayley United Kingdom 0 19-05-2003 12:00 PM
Daisy bush Yau-ming Chiam Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Can anyone identify this shrub/tree? Cypress-like leaves, yellow daisy flowers. Cynthia Snowden United Kingdom 2 05-03-2003 03:11 PM