Old 20-05-2003, 05:20 PM

Default watermelon?

Anyone grown watermelons successfully in the UK? I've got a couple I grew
from seed this year, and am planning to keep them in the greenhouse after
last year's attempt, where the plants just didn't take off all that well
outside.

Anyone got any hints or tips?

- h

Old 20-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
H wrote:
Anyone grown watermelons successfully in the UK? I've got a couple I grew
from seed this year, and am planning to keep them in the greenhouse after
last year's attempt, where the plants just didn't take off all that well
outside.

They need more heat and sun than we get, but apparently can be grown
reasonably successfully under glass.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 22-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Alison

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

They need more heat and sun than we get, but apparently can be grown
reasonably successfully under glass.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Oh I hope so cos I'm trying too.