Old 22-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Cupra

Default Tall Delphiniums?

This year my Delphiniums are rocketing up..... flower spikes just =
starting to form at nearly 5ft! Not used to this sort of size- is it =
unusual??.
Old 22-05-2003, 09:32 PM
David Hill

Some varieties will grow a lot higher........just remember the slugs can
still climb to the top

Old 22-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Cupra

"David Hill" wrote in message
Some varieties will grow a lot higher........just remember the slugs can
still climb to the top

I'll keep a look out! Been quite fortunate this year - haven't lost a single
plant to slugs (yet!). I'm putting it down to the dry spell in Mar/Apr and
the family of Starlings nesting in my gutter (with lots of hungry kids
judging by the noise at sunrise - thus no pellets on garden!)

Old 22-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Mark

"Cupra" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in message
Some varieties will grow a lot higher........just remember the slugs can
still climb to the top

I'll keep a look out! Been quite fortunate this year - haven't lost a

single
plant to slugs (yet!). I'm putting it down to the dry spell in Mar/Apr and
the family of Starlings nesting in my gutter (with lots of hungry kids
judging by the noise at sunrise - thus no pellets on garden!)

Same here, after three years we finally have loads of birds (including
sparrows) visiting (and nesting) the garden and the plants look much the
better for it, the Delphiniums look superb one of our first plants from
seed.

Mark