Old 25-05-2003, 09:32 AM
David Hill

Default Close to home?

Came across this thought it would be close to home for many here..

"My wife said that if I buy any more plants she would leave me.
Damn! I'm going to miss that woman."

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 25-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"David Hill" wrote in message
Came across this thought it would be close to home for many here..

"My wife said that if I buy any more plants she would leave me.
Damn! I'm going to miss that woman."

--
David Hill

David,

That definitely applies to me! However, we heard it - "My wife said
if I buy any more Louis Armstrong records/CDs......................."
which DEFINITELY applies to a certain person in this house, a massive
collection of jazz and dance band music, which I have to tolerate
daily! The greenhouse is a haven of peace and quiet, so the plants
save me.

Regards
Iris (McCanna)

Old 28-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Michael Berridge

David Hill wrote in message ...
Came across this thought it would be close to home for many here..

"My wife said that if I buy any more plants she would leave me.
Damn! I'm going to miss that woman."

Wasn't the reason mine gave, but she has gone, and I've bought lots more
plants, and got a few new and larger beds for them. Bought three new
bearded iris at the weekend, and a day lily and the campanula that was
featured in the opening credits for the Chelsea flower show.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk