Old 25-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Ruth

Default Can anyone help me identify the following:

- the disease causing 'blistered' leaves that have apeared on my pear
tree

and

- plentiful green frondy leaves which appear in my garden every year!?
(These have had tiny pink flowers on them in the past but I can't
recall at what time of year...)

If anyone can help then I'd be really grateful

The pics can be found at:

http://www.cyberdread.net/

All the best and hope everyone is having a nice bank holiday weekend!

Ruth
Old 26-05-2003, 12:56 AM
andrewpreece

The pear appears to have Leaf Blister Mite; it starts off with
red blisters on my pear but older leaves have less colourful
greenish blisters. Pick them off and burn them as they appear.
You may lose a lot of leaves - the pear will compensate.

Andy

Old 26-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Ruth

Thanks very much indeed Andy - I'll go and pick the leaves off right now
- luckily there don't seem to be too many of them yet!

Kind regards

Ruth