Old 25-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Mike

Default Strange garden inhabitant

I was removing slugs and snails off a leafy plant ( the name fails me)
which is getting eaten alive by these pesky things.
To my amazement there was another strange inhabitant that I had never
seen the likes of before.
It was about 2" long and the diameter of a human hair. It was "waving"
at me from the tip of a leaf.
I am sure there are a few people here who could enlighten me as to
what it is.

- - - -
Mike Peters

Drop the DROPME to reply by Email
Old 26-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Zizz

"Mike" wrote in message
I was removing slugs and snails off a leafy plant ( the name fails me)
which is getting eaten alive by these pesky things.
To my amazement there was another strange inhabitant that I had never
seen the likes of before.
It was about 2" long and the diameter of a human hair. It was "waving"
at me from the tip of a leaf.
I am sure there are a few people here who could enlighten me as to
what it is.

- - - -
Mike Peters

Drop the DROPME to reply by Email

Baby millipede ???
Failing that a garden fairy!

Old 26-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Tom Warner

"Mike" wrote in message
I was removing slugs and snails off a leafy plant ( the name fails me)
which is getting eaten alive by these pesky things.
To my amazement there was another strange inhabitant that I had never
seen the likes of before.
It was about 2" long and the diameter of a human hair. It was "waving"
at me from the tip of a leaf.
I am sure there are a few people here who could enlighten me as to
what it is.

Mike Peters

Drop the DROPME to reply by Email

A bit more information would be helpful, like colour, how many legs,
markings etc.
Otherwise what you have described *is* a hair.
Cheers
Tom

Old 26-05-2003, 12:20 PM
David Hill

sounds to me like "The hair of the dog"....

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 26-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Mike

OnMon, 26 May 2003 12:08:31 +0100, "David Hill"
perspired gently and wrote:

sounds to me like "The hair of the dog"....

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

LOL .. I wish I had not disposed of it now!
My partner insists it was a bit thicker than a hair. With the naked
eye, we could not see head or legs only that one end was more active
than the other. It was coiled rather than straight and pale
green/yellow in colour.
We had only drunk a bottle of Stella between us!
I will investigate this evening and see if I can spot another....
minus the Stella ;-).
- - - -

Old 26-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Pamcel

I saw one of these on a washing line a couple of years back, and it was also
"waving". Pale green and very thin. I've never seen one since. It was in a
wooded area, and I presumed it usually lived high up and had fallen to the
line. Gave me a bit of a turn!!
pamcel
Old 28-05-2003, 11:20 AM
A.Malhotra

perspired gently and wrote:

sounds to me like "The hair of the dog"....

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

LOL .. I wish I had not disposed of it now!
My partner insists it was a bit thicker than a hair. With the naked
eye, we could not see head or legs only that one end was more active
than the other. It was coiled rather than straight and pale
green/yellow in colour.
We had only drunk a bottle of Stella between us!
I will investigate this evening and see if I can spot another....
minus the Stella ;-).
- - - -
Mike Peters

A just hatched caterpillar of some sort?
Anita
Old 28-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Annabel

"Tom Warner" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
I was removing slugs and snails off a leafy plant ( the name fails

me)
which is getting eaten alive by these pesky things.
To my amazement there was another strange inhabitant that I had

never
seen the likes of before.
It was about 2" long and the diameter of a human hair. It was

"waving"
at me from the tip of a leaf.
I am sure there are a few people here who could enlighten me as to
what it is.

Mike Peters

Drop the DROPME to reply by Email

A bit more information would be helpful, like colour, how many legs,
markings etc.
Otherwise what you have described *is* a hair.
Cheers
Tom

Or something very similar, like a rabbit

bel