Old 26-05-2003, 11:08 AM
subbykins{Chrd}

Default Stunted tomatoes

We bought a couple of tomato plants this year - my first time at
trying. One was Gardener's delight and the other one Money maker.
They were planted out in soil but well composted, but the Money Maker
has hardly grown at all and is now flowering even though it's about 1
foot tall, the other one is twice it's height.

Can anyone suggest what the problem is and what, if anything at this
late stage I can do about it? Is it simply a case of they'll only
grow well in grow bags? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and it
works."

- William Strong

subbykins{Chrd}
Old 28-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Michael Berridge

subbykins{Chrd} wrote in message
We bought a couple of tomato plants this year - my first time at
trying. One was Gardener's delight and the other one Money maker.
They were planted out in soil but well composted, but the Money Maker
has hardly grown at all and is now flowering even though it's about 1
foot tall, the other one is twice it's height.

Can anyone suggest what the problem is and what, if anything at this
late stage I can do about it? Is it simply a case of they'll only
grow well in grow bags? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and

it
works."

Gardeners Delight always grow very tall before flowering, and Money
Maker will remain quite short, so I don't really think you have a
problem.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk