GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Best way to prepare a plot... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/29015-best-way-prepare-plot.html)

Marcus Fox 26-05-2003 05:44 PM

Best way to prepare a plot...

What's the best way to prepare a vegetable plot for the first time. About a
week ago it was overgrown and covered with weeds, dandelions and foot high
grass. Mowed it flat, but the dandelions are starting to reappear. Have
started to dig it over, how do I do this? Will it do to just turn the soil
over, or do I have to get rid of the grass and roots too?

Advice appreciated,

Marcus

Alan Gould 26-05-2003 07:08 PM

Best way to prepare a plot...

In article , Marcus Fox
writes
What's the best way to prepare a vegetable plot for the first time. About a
week ago it was overgrown and covered with weeds, dandelions and foot high
grass. Mowed it flat, but the dandelions are starting to reappear. Have
started to dig it over, how do I do this? Will it do to just turn the soil
over, or do I have to get rid of the grass and roots too?

You may find some of the hints in the urg FAQ 'Making a Start' useful
at: http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/startingout.html
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.