GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose identification needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/29032-rose-identification-needed.html)

Banana 26-05-2003 07:20 PM

Rose identification needed

Hello all from a lurker :o)

I'm hoping that someone can help me identify a Rose.

I know this can be a difficult task but if anyone would care to have a stab, I have
uploaded some images of them. They are he
http://www.btinternet.com/~bananalan...s/DSC01028.JPG
and
http://www.btinternet.com/~bananalan...s/DSC01029.JPG

.... even though the colour looks slightly different in this image (different lighting
conditions), this is the same Rose in a bunch taken a day earlier:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bananalan...s/DSC00982.JPG

Any help would be very much welcomed.

Many thanks,

Banana :)

Liz 26-05-2003 08:08 PM

Banana wrote in message
Hello all from a lurker :o)

I'm hoping that someone can help me identify a Rose.

I know this can be a difficult task but if anyone would care to have a

stab, I have
uploaded some images of them. They are he
http://www.btinternet.com/~bananalan...s/DSC01028.JPG
and
http://www.btinternet.com/~bananalan...s/DSC01029.JPG

... even though the colour looks slightly different in this image

(different lighting
conditions), this is the same Rose in a bunch taken a day earlier:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bananalan...s/DSC00982.JPG

Any help would be very much welcomed.

Hi;

First off, I'm afraid I can't identify your rose because it looks like a
florist's rose rather than a garden variety. Florists roses are grown under
glass (or plastic) mainly in Holland. They are rarely available as plants
in the UK. Your local florist may have a brochure or chart of roses if you
want to order them as cut flowers. If you like the colour, do a Google
search on Fry's, Kordes, Harkness, Dicksons and other rose breeders, ask
for their free brochures and identify a likey-look from there.

Liz

Banana 26-05-2003 08:56 PM

Rose identification needed

In ,
Liz wrote:

snip
| Hi;
|
| First off, I'm afraid I can't identify your rose because it looks like a
| florist's rose rather than a garden variety. Florists roses are grown under
| glass (or plastic) mainly in Holland. They are rarely available as plants
| in the UK. Your local florist may have a brochure or chart of roses if you
| want to order them as cut flowers. If you like the colour, do a Google
| search on Fry's, Kordes, Harkness, Dicksons and other rose breeders, ask
| for their free brochures and identify a likey-look from there.
|
| Liz

Many thanks for your reply, Liz.

Regards,

Banana :)

andrewpreece 29-05-2003 04:56 PM

Rose identification needed

Approximately the same colour, with dark green foliage:-

Paul Shirlville (30 petals, Hybrid Tea )
Leaping Salmon ( climber )

There are other approximate matches with mid-green or
light green foliage.

Andy.

"Banana" wrote in message

snip

Banana 30-05-2003 04:11 PM

andrewpreece wrote:

| Approximately the same colour, with dark green foliage:-
|

| Paul Shirlville (30 petals, Hybrid Tea )
| Leaping Salmon ( climber )
|
| There are other approximate matches with mid-green or
| light green foliage.
|
| Andy.

Many thanks, Andy :o)

Banana :)