GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   latex moulds unusable (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/29404-latex-moulds-unusable.html)

castor 28-05-2003 08:08 AM

latex moulds unusable

This is my first posting so if I unwittingly break any rules or have
posted to the wrong group please forgive me.

My problem concerns the casting of garden ornaments, using latex
moulds. I find that after about 10 castings, the latex sticks to the
concrete and frequently tears. Has anybody else had a similar problem
and if so have they managed to get over the problem.

TIA

Castor

Thomas Prufer 28-05-2003 01:44 PM

latex moulds unusable

On 28 May 2003 00:00:13 -0700, (castor)
wrote:

This is my first posting so if I unwittingly break any rules or have
posted to the wrong group please forgive me.

Looks good to me...

Maybe post over in uk.d-i-y as well; it's the sort of question the
folks over there would have answers to.

My problem concerns the casting of garden ornaments, using latex
moulds. I find that after about 10 castings, the latex sticks to the
concrete and frequently tears. Has anybody else had a similar problem
and if so have they managed to get over the problem.

Are you using a release agent? Stuff like silicone spray to keep the
concrete from sticking to the mold?

Thomas Prufer

Rusty Hinge 19-07-2003 11:43 AM

latex moulds unusable

The message
from (castor) contains these words:

This is my first posting so if I unwittingly break any rules or have
posted to the wrong group please forgive me.

My problem concerns the casting of garden ornaments, using latex
moulds. I find that after about 10 castings, the latex sticks to the
concrete and frequently tears. Has anybody else had a similar problem
and if so have they managed to get over the problem.

Use silicone rubber instead.

--
Rusty
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.