Old 31-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Andrew Thomson

Default Physocarpus droop

I planted a Physocarpus Opulifolius 'Diabolo' in my garden last week. After
a few days, the tips of the branches began to soften and droop and the
leaves look poorly.

Can anyone help with:

a) diagnosing what may be wrong with my plant

b) what do I do to fix it?

TIA

Andrew

Old 31-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Andrew Thomson

I've posted a pic of the plant.

http://www.andrewthomson.dsl.pipex.com/physocarpus.jpg

Hope this helps someone.

Andrew

Old 01-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Andrew Thomson" contains these words:

I planted a Physocarpus Opulifolius 'Diabolo' in my garden last week. After
a few days, the tips of the branches began to soften and droop and the
leaves look poorly.

Can anyone help with:

a) diagnosing what may be wrong with my plant

b) what do I do to fix it?

Mine did the same at first. I watered it well, until it established.
It's a lovely plant and very tough once it settles in ; worth taking a
little trouble to give it a good start.

Janet.

Old 01-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Andrew Thomson

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Andrew Thomson" contains these words:

I planted a Physocarpus Opulifolius 'Diabolo' in my garden last week.

After
a few days, the tips of the branches began to soften and droop and the
leaves look poorly.

Can anyone help with:

a) diagnosing what may be wrong with my plant

b) what do I do to fix it?

Mine did the same at first. I watered it well, until it established.
It's a lovely plant and very tough once it settles in ; worth taking a
little trouble to give it a good start.

Janet.

So should I keep watering? I was afraid the problems could have been caused
by overwatering.