Old 01-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Tom

Default Experience with teak furniture

I'm looking to buy a round teak table and possibly some chairs for the
garden. I don't have a clue which of the reputable manufacturers is better -
Gloster, Nova, Lister etc... Has anyone had good/bad experience with these
or others? Also discount places to buy the stuff as well.
Thanks
Tom

Old 01-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Tom" contains these words:

I'm looking to buy a round teak table and possibly some chairs for the
garden. I don't have a clue which of the reputable manufacturers is better -
Gloster, Nova, Lister etc... Has anyone had good/bad experience with these
or others? Also discount places to buy the stuff as well.

I've had a couple of Lister teak seats for 20 years or so; they have
lived outdoors in a high rainfall/freezing winter area all that time and
are still perfect..no breakages, no rot, and a lovely silver colour. I
scrub them down with soapy water once a year and oil them occasionally
(not every year).

I bought both with a show discount at Chelsea; I expect you can do
the same at other shows.

Janet.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:44 AM
A.Malhotra

Tom wrote:

I'm looking to buy a round teak table and possibly some chairs for the
garden. I don't have a clue which of the reputable manufacturers is better -
Gloster, Nova, Lister etc... Has anyone had good/bad experience with these
or others? Also discount places to buy the stuff as well.
Thanks
Tom

I bought my teak furniture from the Indian Ocean Trading Co. and am very
pleased with the quality. The table stays outside all the time, uncovered,
in Wales. After the very wet autumn/winter we had a couple of years ago, I
had to scrub it down (because it was covered in green algae) and re-oil it,
but after normal winters its fine. Try and make sure the company can
demonstrate that its plantation-grown teak.
Anita