GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Winter flowering pansies. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/30033-winter-flowering-pansies.html)

Ron 01-06-2003 10:08 AM

Winter flowering pansies.

Urglers,

We bought two packets of hardy biennial pansy seeds and according to the
packets the sowing time is anytime between Feb. and Aug. whilst the
flowering time is given as being between Jan. to Sept.

My wife wants to plant the pansy plants in about Sept. in a bed which at
present contains summer bedding plants.

Please can someone advise on when to plant the seeds so that by Sept. the
plants will be at their optimum size for final planting out in the hope of
flowering by Jan. next year.

Thanks

Ron.