GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Phygelius weevil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/30075-phygelius-weevil.html)

Pickle 01-06-2003 05:44 PM

Phygelius weevil

What's the best way to deal with these little lumps of animated bird poo?
Should I just pick them off and squish them? Never seen any larvae but
something is eating holes in the leaves and buds and leaving black oily
looking stuff behind.
Will they eat any of my other plants or are they specific to figwort?

Sue & Bob Hobden 01-06-2003 11:20 PM

Phygelius weevil

Someone with our first cats name "Pickle" wrote in message
What's the best way to deal with these little lumps of animated bird poo?
Should I just pick them off and squish them? Never seen any larvae but
something is eating holes in the leaves and buds and leaving black oily
looking stuff behind.
Will they eat any of my other plants or are they specific to figwort?

Are you sure it's not Capsid Bugs other than Figwort Weevil? But in either
case a spray of a bug killer (bifenthrin etc ) will do for them.
I have had some control of Capsid Bugs by cutting off the infected parts of
the plants and burning them, but the spray works better.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Pickle 02-06-2003 08:08 AM

Phygelius weevil

"Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Someone with our first cats name "Pickle" wrote in message

It's my cat's name too! Black and brown like Branston and always in trouble.