GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pale blue flower ID? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/30330-pale-blue-flower-id.html)

Steve Harris 03-06-2003 01:56 PM

Pale blue flower ID?

- Most of the year, this plant is a tight clump of dark green leaves
about 6" high
- Now has 2'6" high stems with masses of pale blue flowers
- Flowers are five petals in a deep bell about 1.5" across. Reminds me
of an olde worlde lampshade as seen in frosted glass version in a pub.
- White stamens (?)
- Not noticeably scented
- Didn't flower for years until I fertilised it last year.

Thanks!

Barry & Iris McCanna 03-06-2003 04:20 PM

Pale blue flower ID?

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
- Most of the year, this plant is a tight clump of dark green leaves
about 6" high
- Now has 2'6" high stems with masses of pale blue flowers
- Flowers are five petals in a deep bell about 1.5" across. Reminds

me
of an olde worlde lampshade as seen in frosted glass version in a

pub.
- White stamens (?)
- Not noticeably scented
- Didn't flower for years until I fertilised it last year.

Thanks!

Steve,

Almost certainly one of the campanulas I should think.

Iris McCanna

Janet Baraclough 03-06-2003 07:56 PM

Pale blue flower ID?

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:

- Most of the year, this plant is a tight clump of dark green leaves
about 6" high
- Now has 2'6" high stems with masses of pale blue flowers
- Flowers are five petals in a deep bell about 1.5" across. Reminds me
of an olde worlde lampshade as seen in frosted glass version in a pub.
- White stamens (?)
- Not noticeably scented
- Didn't flower for years until I fertilised it last year.

Campanula?

Janet

Steve Harris 04-06-2003 12:08 AM

Pale blue flower ID?