Old 03-06-2003, 11:08 PM
shannie

Default pics of our veggie plot

Hi all,

Im very chuffed with how our veggie plot has gone over the past couple of
months, a lot of thanks due here to everyone who answered and is still
answering my daft questions. If you'd like to see what it's like I've put
some pics here, even put a pic of our first lettuce..lol

http://community.webshots.com/user/shannie150

Shan

Old 03-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Rick McGreal

"shannie" wrote in news:bbj5s6$9ckqt$1@ID-
186593.news.dfncis.de:

Im very chuffed with how our veggie plot has gone over the past couple of
months, a lot of thanks due here to everyone who answered and is still
answering my daft questions. If you'd like to see what it's like I've put
some pics here, even put a pic of our first lettuce..lol
http://community.webshots.com/user/shannie150

YAY!!!
*Claps*

Well done....

I too hope to have a crop soon...
Strawberries and Potatoes.....

Don't really care how they turn out....As long as they do!

Keep up the good work!

Old 04-06-2003, 10:20 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Excellent, well done, it really is great to see results for ones efforts. By
the way if you want to try a lettuce that really tastes of something, in our
opinion Winter Density is the best. Don't be fooled by the 'Winter' in the
name, it is wonderful through the growing season

shannie wrote:
: Hi all,
:
: Im very chuffed with how our veggie plot has gone over the past
: couple of months, a lot of thanks due here to everyone who answered
: and is still answering my daft questions. If you'd like to see what
: it's like I've put some pics here, even put a pic of our first
: lettuce..lol
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/shannie150
:
:
:
: Shan

Robert

Old 04-06-2003, 11:20 AM
P & J

It looks great.

PJ

--
http://www.virtualtourist.com/piggy73

Old 04-06-2003, 11:44 AM

answering my daft questions. If you'd like to see what it's like I've put
some pics here, even put a pic of our first lettuce..lol

What are the buckets for on top of the poles? You appeared to have plants in
some for one picture, but then they were empty again.

Best,

- h

Old 05-06-2003, 12:22 AM
shannie

"H" wrote in message
answering my daft questions. If you'd like to see what it's like I've

put
some pics here, even put a pic of our first lettuce..lol

What are the buckets for on top of the poles? You appeared to have plants

in
some for one picture, but then they were empty again.

Best,

- h

We had 6 cats when we started our project, we put old plant pots on top of
the poles to stop them getting in the plot. Thats why there's no timbre on
top of the chicken wire, its wobbly enough to stop em climbing it. Then we
went one step further and put strawberry plants into them, the plants got
too big for the pots so we put them in the ground, they're just in front of
the fence now in a net cage and absolutely enormous and covered in hundreds
of flowers Our cats were poisoned and we now have a new family (I just
know Im gonna get it now, but what the hey ) of fifteen cats and kittens,
local rescue was full and thought of us The pots work beautifully, we've
never had a cat in there. In another part of the garden we have 2ltr milk
cartons cut in half, the screw top is stapled to the fence post and the
carton is screwed on and filled with water, the cats don't go over those
either and when the dogs are playing and run into the fence the water
splashes out and wets them, they don't play in that part anymore
Just our way of introducing a little harmony

Shan

New Veggie Plot Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 1 11-03-2017 11:03 AM
Veggie plot fairyinboots Edible Gardening 5 23-09-2007 09:29 PM
Old Railway Land - Veggie Plot Dan United Kingdom 3 05-04-2006 08:45 PM
pics of our veggie plot shannie United Kingdom 14 13-06-2003 02:45 PM
pics of our veggie plot/ Things to do differently next year will United Kingdom 5 10-06-2003 10:32 PM