Old 04-06-2003, 01:56 AM
NGalvin58

Default Help for Ohio

Hello,
I'm hoping to find an email muse to help me plan me plan a 90' double
herbaceous border here in northeastern Ohio, where temperatures swing from well
below freezing (-20 fahrenheit) in winter to as much a 100 degrees in summer.
Not rolling in cash, so must make devilishly clever use of cuttings and
transplants from other areas of the garden and possible looting of friend's
gardens!
Am seeking help with you because all they grow in Ohio is corn!
Thanks, Nancy Galvin

Old 04-06-2003, 12:09 PM
gastropod

Come to the right pace!
Let me know the other contents of the garden as well as the sizes of beds
involved.
Neil

Old 04-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Rod

"NGalvin58" wrote in message ...
Hello,
I'm hoping to find an email muse to help me plan me plan a 90' double
herbaceous border here in northeastern Ohio, where temperatures swing from well
below freezing (-20 fahrenheit) in winter to as much a 100 degrees in summer.
Not rolling in cash, so must make devilishly clever use of cuttings and
transplants from other areas of the garden and possible looting of friend's
gardens!
Am seeking help with you because all they grow in Ohio is corn!

and seeds from
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern...?companyid=211
Huge range including many North American natives. Don't give up on Ohio - remember those wonderful prairie flowers that
used to grow where the corn is now, many of them are excellent garden plants, and you know they like your conditions.
Some of us in the mild wet west of the UK would give our eye teeth to grow those things - it will be easy for you.

Rod

Need help with identifcation - wild plant in NE Ohio CAP Plant Science 6 25-07-2006 03:28 AM
Help for Ohio NGalvin58 United Kingdom 2 05-06-2003 10:20 AM
PLANT SALE - CLEVELAND OHIO-MARCH 23 Christine H. Block, Ph.D. Gardening 0 03-02-2003 03:03 PM
PLANT SALE - CLEVELAND OHIO-MARCH 23 Christine H. Block, Ph.D. Orchids 0 03-02-2003 03:03 PM
PLANT SALE - CLEVELAND OHIO-MARCH 23 Christine H. Block, Ph.D. Bonsai 0 03-02-2003 03:03 PM