GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yellowing Leaves on a Lonicera "Japonica Hall's Prolific" Honeysuckle (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/30495-yellowing-leaves-lonicera-japonica-halls-prolific-honeysuckle.html)

Alex Tegg 04-06-2003 06:56 PM

Yellowing Leaves on a Lonicera "Japonica Hall's Prolific" Honeysuckle

Hi there,

I planted a Lonicera "Japonica Hall's Prolific" Honeysuckle about 6
months ago and it is failing to spread like I was expecting it too.
Its leaves are falling off, due to them being patchy yellow and brown.
I thought it might not be getting enough water, but even with me
watering it regularly, the leaves still fall.

BTW, I am a complete gardening novice!

Does it have some sort of disease/pest problem. I can see no evidence
of insects/larvae or eggs on the plant? If so, what can I spray it
with?

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

dommy 04-06-2003 09:29 PM

Is it in a shady spot? i think honeysuckle dont like full sun shine. Also too much potasiam in the soil can make leaves on some plants turn yellow.