GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tomatoes : branches forming (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/30609-tomatoes-branches-forming.html)

H 05-06-2003 09:18 AM

tomatoes : branches forming

On a Sungold tomato plant, I've found a number of new 'side shoots'
developing off the end of a fruiting branch. Any idea why it is doing this?

- h

Alan Gould 05-06-2003 09:18 AM

tomatoes : branches forming

In article , H helenDOTjohnst
writes
On a Sungold tomato plant, I've found a number of new 'side shoots'
developing off the end of a fruiting branch. Any idea why it is doing this?

Too wet, too warm, too little air, too much feeding, too early - take
your pick. Take your pick of end shoots too from the plants just as you
would side-shoots. If you set them into soil, they have a very good
chance of becoming productive plants at about the time your maincrop
plants are passing their peak performance.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.