Old 05-06-2003, 10:19 AM
subbykins{Chrd}

Default Ant infestation

We seem to have an inordinate amount of ants in the garden. Every
flower bed has ants nests in it, and it's a constant battle to keep
them out of the house. Can anyone suggest a more long term solution
than regularly making our house look like it's been snowed on with ant
powder?

Thanks

"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and it
works."

- William Strong

subbykins{Chrd}
Old 05-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Mike

In article , subbykins{Chrd}
writes

"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and it
works."

"If at first you don't succeed, give up the odds are against you"

Forthcoming reunions.
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Old 05-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Jo Ling

"If at first you DO succeed, try to hide your amazement."

As for ants, have you tried putting ant bait down? In copious quantities?
In addition, some people find pouring a kettle of boiling water into the
ants' nest(s) does the trick. Alternatively, try a "Rentokil" company if
you think you're completely overrun. They could probably rid you of the
current infestation, but they don't provide guarantees for ants, as the
blasted things could come back next week, whether you like it or not.

Mike, have you been on a T23 Frigate?

Jo

Mike wrote in message
In article , subbykins{Chrd}
writes

------

Old 05-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Mike

In article , Jo Ling
writes

Mike, have you been on a T23 Frigate?

Jo

The Duke Class? No I was much too early for those!! Late 50's, 60's
vintage.

Mike

Old 05-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Jo Ling

Oh, right, so you won't have sampled the delights of my software then! ;-)

Have you ever been to Condor in Arbroath?

Jo

Mike wrote in message
In article , Jo Ling
writes

Old 05-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Mike

In article , Jo Ling
writes
Oh, right, so you won't have sampled the delights of my software then! ;-)

nope

Have you ever been to Condor in Arbroath?

No. The nearest I got was to H.M.S.Cockrane at Rosyth for a few days
when I missed my ship H.M.S.Gambia. I then had to travel from Rosyth to
Loch Eriboll :-)) Most wonderful scenery and a smashing time. I missed
the ship by 5 hours and it took me 5 days to get to Loch Eriboll.

Any ex H.M.S.Collingwoods about, I have arranged the 2004 Reunion this
morning :-)) Will be in touch.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions.
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Ant infestation of Gardenia - how to get rid of them Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr. Gardening 34 25-04-2021 06:09 PM
Ant infestation of chilli plants? Gareth United Kingdom 7 19-07-2005 10:17 PM
Ant infestation subbykins{Chrd} United Kingdom 5 04-06-2003 06:20 PM
ant infestation Lee & Deb Miles Bonsai 2 26-03-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] ant infestation Jim Lewis Bonsai 6 25-03-2003 06:20 PM