Old 06-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Little Badger

Default Chilli and illness!

Coming through!
Move out of the way there!
Let me through!

Are people talking about the actual eating of chillies and related illness?

My parents were Burmese (actually Burmese, German and Welsh mix but I
digress) and came to England, in 1969, from Rangoon!

My family have been eating hot food and chillies, in great quantities, all
our lives!

We have eaten raw, dried, preserved chillies in great quantity (from various
suspect sources) with no ill affects!
In fact I know of no member of our family (that extends around the World)
that has had any serious illness from eating the beloved chilli in any form!

Eat away my friends!

BTW I've eaten a whole, raw, Habenero as a bet!
But beat this? My Brother and Sister used to cook their curries by pouring
Capsicum Oleoresin into it (I used to work for a flavour company and would
bring it home)!

Badger

"Charlie" wrote in message
Actually, I replied directly above the previous poster in a thread of top
posting. If you have a problem with the way I post to Usenet please skip
over my posts.

As for avoiding it, I just asked my friends Father who is a chef, Italien

in
origin. He's also been doing this since he was young and living in italy
and says that not him of anyone he knows has been killed by drinking chile
(or any other type of infused) oil.

That's the word on it from a Chef, but obviously if you live your life by
the white men then don't try it.

Charlie.

Mystery Goldfish Illness Catweazle Ponds (alternative) 0 03-07-2016 07:12 PM
Plum tree: need help identifying illness Graham Fawcett Gardening 2 03-10-2005 09:12 PM
Orchid illness Larry Orchids 5 26-01-2005 04:48 AM
Coastal live oak illness? Luca de Alfaro Gardening 0 06-08-2003 06:14 AM
chilli plant grown with chilli seeds govinder United Kingdom 0 01-04-2003 11:20 PM