GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tall foxgloves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/30767-tall-foxgloves.html)

Tom Warner 06-06-2003 11:44 AM

Tall foxgloves

Is it me or are the foxgloves extra tall this year.
We have one nudging 8ft, and several near 7ft.
regards
Tom

Kay Easton 06-06-2003 05:32 PM

Tall foxgloves

In article , Tom
Warner writes
Is it me or are the foxgloves extra tall this year.
We have one nudging 8ft, and several near 7ft.

It's you ;-)

Mine are only about 3 ft, though with some about 5 ft.

Bur the season seems to galloping this year - the bluebells are only
just finished, but already the mock orange is out - mock orange is
usually an end- July event for me.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Joe 08-06-2003 04:20 PM

Tall foxgloves

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 at 11:25:28 Tom Warner wrote:

Is it me or are the foxgloves extra tall this year.
We have one nudging 8ft, and several near 7ft.
regards
Tom

A coincidence! Yesterday, an aunt mistook some of my foxgloves for
hollyhocks! Some are about six feet (2 metres) tall but others are two
to four foot tall. I thought that perhaps the tall ones are a special
variety? My foxgloves were all started three years ago with a packet of
'wild foxglove' seeds and a packet of tall, multicoloured varieties,
both packets from B&Q.

Joe.

Nick Maclaren 14-06-2003 08:56 PM

Tall foxgloves

In article ,
Joe wrote:
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 at 11:25:28 Tom Warner wrote:

Is it me or are the foxgloves extra tall this year.
We have one nudging 8ft, and several near 7ft.

A coincidence! Yesterday, an aunt mistook some of my foxgloves for
hollyhocks! Some are about six feet (2 metres) tall but others are two
to four foot tall. I thought that perhaps the tall ones are a special
variety? My foxgloves were all started three years ago with a packet of
'wild foxglove' seeds and a packet of tall, multicoloured varieties,
both packets from B&Q.

It's the weather. My potatoes are 4' high!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

martin 14-06-2003 09:20 PM

Tall foxgloves

On 14 Jun 2003 19:53:26 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

It's the weather. My potatoes are 4' high!

run for your lives!
--
martin