Old 07-06-2003, 04:23 AM
shannie

Default teeny weeny wrigglers

Out on our evening stroll round the garden tonight I noticed the variagated
poplar in the front garden looking a little sad, thought it was wind damage
until a closer look revealed some of the leaves were absolutely savaged,
completely skeletonised! Very strange sight to see just veins where leaves
should be, anyway on closer inspection I found an enormous amount of the
leaves almost entirely covered with these teeny weeny (for want of a better
word) catterpillars?...very small,thin, greenish yellow (was dusk, so not
100% on the colour) with a black head. I have three questions, what are they
called? how do I deal with them? (organically if poss) and what put em
there?

Thanks again
--

Shan (Ireland)
http://ukdiscus.com/main.htm

Old 07-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Joan

I don't know what they are, but I have them too on a small grafted willow.
They've eaten away many leaves, leaving just the skeleton of veins. I cut
off as many of the affected leaves as I could and sprayed them.

Teeny weeny oncidium Vestman Orchids 3 10-09-2011 09:40 PM
Uh Oh! Teeny red ants... Zookie Lawns 2 14-02-2004 01:40 AM
Where to get teeny tiny handcuffs Axolotl Ponds 4 03-09-2003 05:32 AM
Teeny, tiny "worms" in my garden Mark Edible Gardening 7 26-05-2003 02:56 PM
teeny springtime iris coati Ponds 4 24-02-2003 10:43 PM