GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Walnuts! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/31024-walnuts.html)

Alan Holmes 08-06-2003 02:20 PM

Walnuts!

It doesn't look as though there will be any walnuts this year, I would
have expected to see some signs by now, but there is nothing.

There was a rather heavy frost at the time the bloom should have
been there which may have killed the nuts.

Alan

Barry & Iris McCanna 08-06-2003 07:56 PM

Walnuts!

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

It doesn't look as though there will be any walnuts this year, I

would
have expected to see some signs by now, but there is nothing.

There was a rather heavy frost at the time the bloom should have
been there which may have killed the nuts.

Alan

Alan,

We had heavy frosts late which caused a lot of damage. However, I've
just checked the walnuts and the trees are full of fruit.

Regards
Iris McCanna