GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree sumps (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/31148-tree-sumps.html)

ripper 09-06-2003 01:32 PM

Tree sumps

I have a couple of dead tree stumps (or rather thick bush stumps) that I
want to get rid of. Digging them out or burning them is not an option. Is
there anything I can put on them to accelerate their decomposition.
TIA

dave @ stejonda 09-06-2003 01:56 PM

Tree sumps

In message , ripper
writes
I have a couple of dead tree stumps (or rather thick bush stumps) that I
want to get rid of. Digging them out or burning them is not an option. Is
there anything I can put on them to accelerate their decomposition.
TIA

You could hire a stump grinder...

http://tinyurl.com/du0z

--
dave @ stejonda

Chris Stewart 10-06-2003 11:20 PM

Tree sumps

"ripper" wrote in message
I have a couple of dead tree stumps (or rather thick bush stumps) that I
want to get rid of. Digging them out or burning them is not an option. Is
there anything I can put on them to accelerate their decomposition.
TIA

If you can't get rid of them, surround them with a log roll, fill up with
compost, and plant like a big container.

Chris S