Old 09-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Evelyn Usher

Default Hebe Autumn Glory ( problems) Please Help

Hi there.

I wonder if any of you can help me? My hebe is not looking to healthy. It is all woody at the about 15inches of the plan with a little bit
of greenery the rest of the way up. I have it in a 18inch container. sitting where it is sheltered and gets sunshine from about 2pm
onwards. Should I cut it back or what feed it or?? It is about 2ft tall.
I am a fairly newcomer to this gardening but getting quite hooked.
--
Evelyn in Scotland

Old 09-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Melanie

I can't help you but I'd like to know the answer to this question, too,
because my hebe Aautumn Glory is in the same condition. Last week I cut
back half of it very hard back almost to the ground, to see what it will do.
If it recovers and regrows then I'll cut back the rest of it.

I inherited this neglected plant when I moved to my house. I understand
that this hebe should be cut back after flowering to prevent it getting
leggy.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

"Evelyn Usher" wrote in message
. ..
Hi there.

I wonder if any of you can help me? My hebe is not looking to healthy.

It is all woody at the about 15inches of the plan with a little bit
of greenery the rest of the way up. I have it in a 18inch container.

sitting where it is sheltered and gets sunshine from about 2pm
onwards. Should I cut it back or what feed it or?? It is about 2ft tall.
I am a fairly newcomer to this gardening but getting quite hooked.
--
Evelyn in Scotland

giant morning glory? giant morning glory.txt (1 of 9) (1/1) Anne's little brother Bob Garden Photos 2 30-03-2013 07:41 PM
Hebe Andersonii Variegata Variegated Hebe Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 23-03-2010 09:41 AM
Hebe or not Hebe Twobtold Gardening 9 29-08-2004 08:33 PM
Hebe Autumn Glory ( problems) Please Help Evelyn Usher United Kingdom 3 11-06-2003 01:08 AM