GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tatton Park Show (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/31601-tatton-park-show.html)

Janice 12-06-2003 01:44 PM

Tatton Park Show

Is the Tatton Park show worth a visit? I've never been to any garden show
so I've no idea what they're like.

Jim W 12-06-2003 03:56 PM

Tatton Park Show

Janice wrote:

Is the Tatton Park show worth a visit? I've never been to any garden show
so I've no idea what they're like.

Yes.. Tatton is a particularly nice one IMO ,.. good setting, plenty to
see and do & buy.. Like all RHS shows (Chelsea, Hampton Court etc) the
food tends to be expensive though, so if your bothered, bring some of
your own.. If not, just bring money.-)
//
Jim

Kay Easton 12-06-2003 04:32 PM

Tatton Park Show

In article 1fwg6jz.wrsldp1y2bnf6N%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
, Jim W writes
Janice wrote:

Is the Tatton Park show worth a visit? I've never been to any garden show
so I've no idea what they're like.

Yes.. Tatton is a particularly nice one IMO ,.. good setting, plenty to
see and do & buy.. Like all RHS shows (Chelsea, Hampton Court etc) the
food tends to be expensive though, so if your bothered, bring some of
your own.. If not, just bring money.-)

I find shows to be crowded, which I hate. Lots of shuffling around
behind groups of people who are taller than you. But you see a much
greater variety of plants than you have any chance of seeing elsewhere.

Travel light, wear comfy shoes and make sure you keep your fluid intake
up.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Jim W 12-06-2003 09:32 PM

Tatton Park Show

Janice wrote:

Is the Tatton Park show worth a visit? I've never been to any garden show
so I've no idea what they're like.

Yes.. Tatton is a particularly nice one IMO ,.. good setting, plenty to
see and do & buy.. Like all RHS shows (Chelsea, Hampton Court etc) the
food tends to be expensive though, so if your bothered, bring some of
your own.. If not, just bring money.-)

I find shows to be crowded, which I hate. Lots of shuffling around
behind groups of people who are taller than you. But you see a much
greater variety of plants than you have any chance of seeing elsewhere.

Travel light, wear comfy shoes and make sure you keep your fluid intake
up.

One reason why I like Tatton, Kay, and Hampton court a LOT more than
Chelsea.. pick your times right and there is PLENTY of room at both
these venues. I also dislike crowds;-)
//
Jim

hayley 12-06-2003 11:56 PM

Tatton Park Show

I'd like to go to Tatton as it's local but have never been to a show - I'd
have to take two small children in a side-by-side off-road-type pushchair.
Would it be possible? (The children would be fine in the pushchair but are
there narrow "aisles" at these shows or is it possible to get a wide buggy
around)?
Hayley

[email protected] 19-06-2003 01:32 AM

Tatton Park Show

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:55:09 +0100, "hayley"
wrote:

I'd like to go to Tatton as it's local but have never been to a show - I'd
have to take two small children in a side-by-side off-road-type pushchair.
Would it be possible? (The children would be fine in the pushchair but are
there narrow "aisles" at these shows or is it possible to get a wide buggy
around)?

I reckon you would be fine at Tatton as the paths are pretty wide and
the main thoroughfares in the show area itself have hard coverings put
down on them. The carparks can get muddy in wet weather though.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk

hugh emerson 20-06-2003 03:08 PM

Tatton Park Show

In message ,
writes
wrote:

I'd like to go to Tatton as it's local but have never been to a show - I'd
have to take two small children in a side-by-side off-road-type pushchair.
Would it be possible? (The children would be fine in the pushchair but are
there narrow "aisles" at these shows or is it possible to get a wide buggy
around)?

I reckon you would be fine at Tatton as the paths are pretty wide and
the main thoroughfares in the show area itself have hard coverings put
down on them. The carparks can get muddy in wet weather though.

They have a fleet of courtesy cars running round the car park. Also if
you join the RHS you get to go on the members day which is generally
much quieter than the public days.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid