Old 13-06-2003, 12:57 PM

Default Hedgehog fight!

We were surprised to see two hedgehogs fighting last night - it looked
like a territorial disupte.

Hedgehog 1 was feeding (we put out food) then went under the bird's
ground-feeding table. Hedgehog 2 came along (at a run) and started
feeding, then H1 emerged and started ambling towards the food. H2
rushed towards it and the two head-butted each other for a little
while. Then H1 rolled into a ball and just allowed H2 to push it
about. H2 then had a little more to eat, then returned to push the
balled H1 about before running off up the garden. After a minute or
two, H1 unrolled and ran off in the opposite direction!

We've seen 3 together without problems - are fights common. Might
there have been babies around?

Tom
--
Tom Chisholm
(Remove 'falseteeth' to e-mail reply)

Fight! Fight! Fight! David WE Roberts United Kingdom 33 11-01-2010 12:30 AM
OT when your pets fight kathy Ponds 0 15-02-2005 05:53 AM
Algae on our lucky bamboo - How to fight it? Martin Seibert Bamboo 4 23-06-2004 08:08 PM
Australian Orchid Conservationists Fight Back sneff Orchids 10 18-11-2003 07:02 AM
How do I fight grubs naturally? Rupert Gardening 10 21-04-2003 02:44 AM