Old 14-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Jeanne Stockdale

Default Hollyhocks

In the autumn I collected seeds from various perennials and sowed them in
trays in the greenhouse in the spring. All are doing fine and have been
potted on.

The hollyhocks in particular are doing very well and are beginning to
outgrow their pots. I seem to remember reading somewhere that these should
not be planted out in their final position until next Spring. This would
actually suit me as the part of the bed where I want to plant them needs a
lot of work doing on it.

But what do I do with them in the meantime? Will they be OK in pots (even I
have to pot them on into bigger ones). Are they likely to flower this year?
If buds do come, should I let them flower or take the buds off?

I would appreciate any advice

Jeanne Stockdale

hollyhocks [email protected] Gardening 4 22-07-2003 05:32 PM
Hollyhocks stuart noble United Kingdom 2 30-06-2003 07:56 PM
Hollyhocks geoff United Kingdom 10 23-05-2003 07:20 PM
Caterpillars on Hollyhocks Roy United Kingdom 10 23-04-2003 02:59 PM
Hollyhocks Leaves Look Like Lace Doilies! Fleemo Gardening 2 24-02-2003 09:29 PM