GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   growing nemesia - Candy Girl (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/31903-growing-nemesia-candy-girl.html)

Jay 14-06-2003 12:32 PM

growing nemesia - Candy Girl

Hi

Any one had any success growing Candy girl. I purchased two from the garden
centre and both have lost all their flowers.

I have watered them frequently put them in a draft free windows sill in my
kitchen but and feed weekly with miracle grow.

I am new to gardening but seem unable to revive these plants. They are
currently very green with lots of buds with seem to turn brown and fall of
the plant instead of flowering.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help appreciated.
Jay

Sacha 14-06-2003 03:20 PM

growing nemesia - Candy Girl

in article , Jay at
wrote on 14/6/03 12:22 pm:

Hi

Any one had any success growing Candy girl. I purchased two from the garden
centre and both have lost all their flowers.

I have watered them frequently put them in a draft free windows sill in my
kitchen but and feed weekly with miracle grow.

I am new to gardening but seem unable to revive these plants. They are
currently very green with lots of buds with seem to turn brown and fall of
the plant instead of flowering.

What am I doing wrong?

Over-watering them, I should think. Don't water them until they're
beginning to feel dry and be sure you let them drain well so that their
roots aren't standing in any water. Once or twice a week watering should be
more than enough and only once (if that) in winter. Put them outside now
and let the sun get to them, if you can.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk