GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose sawfly (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/32294-rose-sawfly.html)

Paul Richards 16-06-2003 04:09 PM

Rose sawfly

Can anyone tell me what an adult sawfly looks like? I think I can
identify the larvae but I have no idea what the adult looks like.

Sheila

Liz 16-06-2003 08:44 PM

Rose sawfly

Paul Richards wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what an adult sawfly looks like? I think I can
identify the larvae but I have no idea what the adult looks like.

Sheila

If that's the leaf-rolling sawfly, look at
http://hortipm.tamu.edu/pestprofiles...ie/sawfly.html

In life the stripe is bright yellow - it looks a bit waspy, but not as
waisted.

Liz

Paul Richards 17-06-2003 10:44 AM

Rose sawfly

Liz wrote in message ...

Paul Richards wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what an adult sawfly looks like? I think I can
identify the larvae but I have no idea what the adult looks like.

Sheila

If that's the leaf-rolling sawfly, look at
http://hortipm.tamu.edu/pestprofiles...ie/sawfly.html

In life the stripe is bright yellow - it looks a bit waspy, but not

as
waisted.

Liz

Are these the same things that eat the leaves on my roses? I'm sure
I've seen that little fellow around!

Sheila

Tim 17-06-2003 10:56 AM

Rose sawfly

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:41:33 +0100, Paul Richards
wrote:

Liz wrote in message ...

Paul Richards wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what an adult sawfly looks like? I think I can
identify the larvae but I have no idea what the adult looks like.

Sheila

If that's the leaf-rolling sawfly, look at
http://hortipm.tamu.edu/pestprofiles...ie/sawfly.html

In life the stripe is bright yellow - it looks a bit waspy, but not

as
waisted.

Liz

It is a bit waspy - it is a wasp. ;-) (You can tell it's not a true fly as
it has 4 wings). Just a bit of useless information for you.

Tim.