Old 16-06-2003, 05:09 PM
GoldDustRhiannon

Default Can you cut back pansies and violas?

I left my viola 'rebecca' in its pot in a shady place until a space became
available in the garden; now it looks a mess with longs stems it can't support.
Is it alright to chop the top of it to tidy it up a bit? Can I do the same to
my pansies which have a similar problem?

Thankyou )
Lorraine
Old 16-06-2003, 11:08 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"GoldDustRhiannon" wrote in message
I left my viola 'rebecca' in its pot in a shady place until a space became
available in the garden; now it looks a mess with longs stems it can't

support.
Is it alright to chop the top of it to tidy it up a bit? Can I do the same

my pansies which have a similar problem?

Thankyou )
Lorraine

I have cut them back after flowering and they did come again.
However by the time they had regrown the next lot were in the garden centres
Should be O.K. to trim them back :-)

Old 17-06-2003, 09:44 AM
GoldDustRhiannon

Thankyou, Dave )