GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Purple Globe Artichokes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/32347-purple-globe-artichokes.html)

The Reid 16-06-2003 07:21 PM

Purple Globe Artichokes

One of my globe artichokes is producing small purple heads instead of
the usual. Also one of the normal plants suddenly collapsed and
foliage now wilting.
Any ideas, comments on these two events?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso

M. Tiefert 16-06-2003 11:20 PM

Purple Globe Artichokes

In article , wrote:
One of my globe artichokes is producing small purple heads instead of
the usual. Also one of the normal plants suddenly collapsed and
foliage now wilting.
Any ideas, comments on these two events?

Purple _can_ indicate water stress (although there are artichoke
varieties that are naturally purple).

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert:
http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
Marj's Mini Mall: http://stores.tiefert.com/
Coleridge shop: http://www.cafeshops.com/coleridgestore
Marjorie's Morning Star: http://newsletter.tiefert.com/
science editing services: http://science.tiefert.com/

The Reid 17-06-2003 05:44 PM

Purple Globe Artichokes

Following up to M. Tiefert

Purple _can_ indicate water stress (although there are artichoke
varieties that are naturally purple).

Ah, the allotment is dry, I see patterns emerging here.