GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cherry question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/32382-cherry-question.html)

karen 16-06-2003 08:20 PM

cherry question

Hiya
I've got a cherry tree-planted last year, it;s about 4ft. Looked at it today
and noticed loads of black fly things on the leaves-the leaves are all curly
and look like their dying. Can someone help- what do i do?
Karen

Chrille 16-06-2003 09:08 PM

cherry question

"karen" skrev i meddelandet
Hiya
I've got a cherry tree-planted last year, it;s about 4ft. Looked at it

today
and noticed loads of black fly things on the leaves-the leaves are all

curly
and look like their dying. Can someone help- what do i do?
Karen

1. Try to kill all visible black flys by squeezeing them to death with your
fingers.
2. Spray a mixture of soapwater (0.5 Dl Soap mixed with 1 liter of water)
Or you can buy a insecticide but I prefere soap because it is non-toxic.

Good luck...

Tumbleweed 16-06-2003 10:08 PM

cherry question

"karen" wrote in message
Hiya
I've got a cherry tree-planted last year, it;s about 4ft. Looked at it

today
and noticed loads of black fly things on the leaves-the leaves are all

curly
and look like their dying. Can someone help- what do i do?
Karen

Plant an apple tree, rather than nurture it until its big enough for the
birds to eat the cherries off it?

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)