Old 17-06-2003, 11:08 AM
papa

Default Helleborus foetidus

Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

Thanks

Philip

Old 17-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Paul Kelly

"papa" (remove nospam to reply) wrote in
message ...
Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/53040/

http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/8338.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ges/3913.shtml

http://www.hort.net/gallery/view/ran/helfowf/ Best picture

pk

Old 17-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Nick Apostolakis

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:00:35 +0300, papa wrote:

Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester
Flisk cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

Thanks

Philip

you can search for the image in the google.
at the images section.
Old 17-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"papa" (remove nospam to reply) wrote
in message ...
Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?)

the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester

Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

Thanks

Philip

Philip,

"Wester Flisk" has red stems.

Iris McCanna

Old 17-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "papa" (remove nospam to reply)
contains these words:

Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

ISTR Wester Flisk has redder stems. Search for both in Google images,
to compare.

Janet.

Old 17-06-2003, 08:56 PM
martin

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:11:05 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "papa" (remove nospam to reply)
contains these words:

Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

ISTR Wester Flisk has redder stems. Search for both in Google images,
to compare.

De Amorphophallus Titanum, AKA penisplant is in flower at the Hortus
Botanicus of Leiedn University.

Photo of another one at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/627166.stm
--
martin