Old 17-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Janice

Default Helleborus Orientalis Seeds

I've collected seeds from my helleborus orientalis. Now what do I do with
them? Do they need special heat or cold treatment, or soaking. And when do
I sow them?

Thanks.

Old 17-06-2003, 12:20 PM
papa

In trying to find more on Hellbores myself this morning I came across the
following website http://www.hellebore.com/ which has pretty much all you
need to know on propogation and care of Hellebores. Just follow the drop
down menus...

HTH

Philip

Old 17-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Pam Moore

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:49:22 +0100, "Janice" wrote:

I've collected seeds from my helleborus orientalis. Now what do I do with
them? Do they need special heat or cold treatment, or soaking. And when do
I sow them?

In my experience, sow them fresh, and just leave them to it. They
germinate much better when fresh.

Pam in Bristol
Old 18-06-2003, 08:20 AM
JennyC

"Janice" wrote in message
I've collected seeds from my helleborus orientalis. Now what do I

do with
them? Do they need special heat or cold treatment, or soaking. And

when do
I sow them?

Thanks.

I just scatter the seeds into the soil around the parent plant - stand
back and await a nice surprise in the spring :~))
Jenny