Old 17-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Andy Sanson

Default Onion Sets - Second Year?

This may be a very naive question to anyone with the remotest knowledge of
onions but is it possible to keep onion sets over until a second year before
planting them. I have been given a bag of sets and I imagine it's really too
late to plant them out this year. Can anyone help? Thanks in anticipation.

Old 17-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Emrys Davies

'Andy',

Why not use them as 'Green Onions' as described in this site
http://www.dutchvalleygrowers.com/onionsets.htm
otherwise you will lose them.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 18-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Dwayne

Plant them. You might come up with something. I left mine in the ground
over last winter, and we are eating them now.

Dwayne