Old 20-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Tony Gent

Default Skimmia and skni rash (try again previous post got deleted)

Has anybody ever come out in a rash like this before when handling a
Skimmia. I brushed one with my leg in the mother inlaws garden on Monday and
on Tuesday this is what had happened.

Have a look at this link for a picture.

http://groups.msn.com/TonyGent/shoeb...hoto&PhotoID=1

Any help on this topic would be good as at the moment I have been put off
gardening for a long time :-(

Tony

Old 20-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Tony
Gent writes
Has anybody ever come out in a rash like this before when handling a
Skimmia. I brushed one with my leg in the mother inlaws garden on Monday and
on Tuesday this is what had happened.

Have a look at this link for a picture.

http://groups.msn.com/TonyGent/shoeb...hoto&PhotoID=1

Any help on this topic would be good as at the moment I have been put off
gardening for a long time :-(

That's a beauty! Love the way you can see the line of your socks and
your shorts ;-)

If you haven't already done so, get it to a doctor.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 21-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Tony Gent

Seen The Doc and Im on several creams and some pills. I have just found out
that this is called strimmers rash. Were you get plant sap on you, then the
sap makes the skin photosensitive, then (and heres the crunch) the sun burns
the skin to form blistersbut only were sap touched . The blisters only form
a few days later so at the time you dont know its happening.

Tony

With one very sore leg and not much sleep
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Tony
Gent writes

Old 22-06-2003, 10:44 PM
bnd777

Oooh looks nasty ........i have heard of this with Primulas and Conifers and
Poison Ivy but not with other plants but then we can be allergic to anything
under the sun including the sun itself