Old 24-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Registered User

Location: London
Default Where do I buy Tulip bulbs from?

Hi all,

I would like to grow some blood red tulips so they come up in the spring next year. At the moment I dont have anything bright for my garden in spring.

So can I ask where can I buy these bulbs from? Will homebase or B&Q have them? If so what time of the year are they available or are they avaiable throughout the year?

Thanks for your help
Old 24-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Janice

Yep, B&Q sell loads of tulips, daffs, all kinds of different spring bulbs.
They sell them in late August or September I think. I know they don't have
any right now because I've been looking myself.

s.com...

--
dommy

Old 24-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Kay Easton

In article m, dommy
writes
Hi all,

I would like to grow some blood red tulips so they come up in the
spring next year. At the moment I dont have anything bright for my
garden in spring.

So can I ask where can I buy these bulbs from? Will homebase or B&Q
have them? If so what time of the year are they available or are they
avaiable throughout the year?

Any garden centre, including homebase, will have tulips in the autumn.
They come in fairly standard packs which usually show a picture of the
flower, and give details of the height, the planting time, and the
flowering time.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 24-06-2003, 10:56 PM
David Hill

".....Yep, B&Q sell loads of tulips, daffs, all kinds of different spring
bulbs.
They sell them in late August or September I think ....."

So do Home Base, Focus and other DIY sheds, as well as garden centres and
Mail order.
Try doing a search on Google Spring bulbs UK or something like that.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 25-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Registered User

Location: London

Thanks very much for the reply everybody, very helpful and much appreciated
Old 25-06-2003, 08:08 PM
martin

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:49:38 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

".....Yep, B&Q sell loads of tulips, daffs, all kinds of different spring
bulbs.
They sell them in late August or September I think ....."

So do Home Base, Focus and other DIY sheds, as well as garden centres and
Mail order.
Try doing a search on Google Spring bulbs UK or something like that.

using google with
mail order tulip bulbs
produces
http://www.tulipworld.com/
--
martin

Old 25-06-2003, 08:31 PM
martin

wrote:

".....Yep, B&Q sell loads of tulips, daffs, all kinds of different spring
bulbs.
They sell them in late August or September I think ....."

So do Home Base, Focus and other DIY sheds, as well as garden centres and
Mail order.
Try doing a search on Google Spring bulbs UK or something like that.

using google with
mail order tulip bulbs
produces
http://www.tulipworld.com/
--
martin

Time to plant tulip bulbs? dommy Gardening 2 24-09-2003 08:12 PM
Aldi - 99p Tulip Bulbs dommy United Kingdom 3 17-09-2003 08:15 AM
Tulip bulbs michael2 United Kingdom 0 21-07-2003 02:32 PM
tulip bulbs in the fridge? Dianne van Dulken Australia 5 08-04-2003 01:08 PM
tulip bulbs Gardening 1 14-03-2003 02:32 PM