Old 25-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Mighty Magpie

Default How can I get rid of Laurel roots

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I could find no trace of
it.

Having cut down some well established laurel trees/bushes, we are left with
a maze of roots that we would also like to get rid of.

Is there an easy alternative method to digging them out?

Many Thanks

Old 25-06-2003, 08:30 PM
M C C

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:00:08 +0100, "Mighty Magpie" mighty.magpie@home
wrote:

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I could find no trace of
it.

Having cut down some well established laurel trees/bushes, we are left with
a maze of roots that we would also like to get rid of.

Is there an easy alternative method to digging them out?

Many Thanks

A long time ago, when I wanted to get rid of a privet hedge, I tied the
stumps to the tow bar on the car and used brute force and ignorance to
haul them out! Mind you they were easily accessible in our front garden
- could be difficult in a back garden with no easy access.
--
M C C
Old 25-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Mighty Magpie

20 or so years ago, I did the same thing! Sadly, as you suspected, these
roots are in the rear garden

Old 25-06-2003, 08:30 PM
bnd777

If you still have stumps left you could probably hire a kind of winch thing
from Hire shops or even hire a stump grinder
If the soil is light though i would suggest that once you start to dig them
out they will get easier