Old 25-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Aliceknit

Default red admiral

I saw a large red admiral (buttefly) in the garden yesterday.
Ages since I've seen one.
Bye alice W in Glos
Old 26-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Essjay001

Aliceknit wrote:
I saw a large red admiral (buttefly) in the garden yesterday.
Ages since I've seen one.
Bye alice W in Glos

Can't remember the last time I saw one. Are they in decline?

Old 26-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Pickle

There don't seem to be as many butterflies of any kind around the last few
years. I've seen 1 red admiral this year and had my first ever sighting of a
large skipper in my garden this week

Old 26-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Ron

"Aliceknit" wrote in message
I saw a large red admiral (buttefly) in the garden yesterday.
Ages since I've seen one.
Bye alice W in Glos

If anybody has a plum tree in the garden, leave a few squashed plums on the
ground and after a day or so their juice will have fermented. Any butterfly
drinking the juice - and it seems to attract butterflies - is then so filled
with Dutch courage that if one keeps still they will land on you if you wear
something white.

Regards

Ron

Old 26-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Gea Jones

"Essjay001" wrote in message
Aliceknit wrote:
I saw a large red admiral (buttefly) in the garden yesterday.
Ages since I've seen one.
Bye alice W in Glos

Can't remember the last time I saw one. Are they in decline?

Very sadly, it seems so,
I live in North DEvon, and have made my garden for butterflies,
and general wildlife, I have been seeing fewer butterflies each year
Gea

Old 26-06-2003, 07:32 PM
AndWhyNot

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:01:52 +0100, "Ron"
wrote:

"Aliceknit" wrote in message
I saw a large red admiral (buttefly) in the garden yesterday.
Ages since I've seen one.
Bye alice W in Glos

If anybody has a plum tree in the garden, leave a few squashed plums on the
ground and after a day or so their juice will have fermented. Any butterfly
drinking the juice - and it seems to attract butterflies - is then so filled
with Dutch courage that if one keeps still they will land on you if you wear
something white.

Regards

Ron

Drunk in charge of a butterfly your honour, and that IS the truth

Hic , flap , Hic