Old 30-06-2003, 02:35 PM
JennyC

Default Looks like we're being listened to

"Jim W" wrote
Janet Baraclough wrote:
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Imho trawling usenet archives for unverifiable soundbites

hardly
counts as research...or even, professional journalism :~}
Janet.

So what counts as serious research Janet ?
Surely the web is just as reliable or not as other sources

.........?

I referred to archives of usenet discussion groups, where

misguided
advice or opinion from an inexperienced ignoramus is recorded

together
with the careful observations of those who have learned from

experience.
A "researcher" with no personal knowledge of a particular

field,would
have the greatest difficulty in sorting the wheat from the chaff,

and
any conclusions he drew would therefore be suspect.
Janet

And who ever said journalists were 'professional' LOL;-))
// J

Yeah - look what happened at the new York Times :~)))
Jenny