GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Traditional Tools (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/34427-traditional-tools.html)

THECHILLIS 27-06-2003 09:46 AM

Traditional Tools

Hi,
Can anyone reccomend supplier of traditional tools such as scythes.
Cheers,
Doug

Mike Lyle 27-06-2003 02:10 PM

Traditional Tools

omeat (THECHILLIS) wrote in message ...
Hi,
Can anyone reccomend supplier of traditional tools such as scythes.
Cheers,
Doug

Any country town will have a branch of the local farmers' co-op, or
some such firm as ACT (Agricultural Central Trading). Yellow pages
will find them.

If you're round that way, in Reading and Swindon there's a wonderful
firm called Sarjent's Tools. For those who like tools, their
woodworking catalogue was/is practically pornography. I mean, Japanese
saws and gouges, completely naked and in tempting poses: phwoar!

Mike.

Kate Morgan 27-06-2003 04:46 PM

Traditional Tools

The Devil's Advocate 27-06-2003 08:35 PM

Traditional Tools

Have you had a look here, they get all kinds of things
http://www.roundtwo.co.uk/

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Baddeley 30-06-2003 10:32 PM

I am delighted to have found a UK scythe supplier but it took a while to find as most hits were in USA

http://www.burgonandball.co.uk/dbpages/scythes.php

Sales & Marketing Office,
Burgon & Ball Ltd,
Sir Peter Thompson House,
Market Close,
Poole in Dorset - England BH15 1NE

for mail order sales call - 0114 233 8262 alternatively fax - 0114 285 2518
for trade sales call - 01202 684 141 alternatively fax - 01202 684 142

Good luck