Old 28-06-2003, 04:32 PM

Default while you're all feeling creative

with the short path suggestions ;-)

We have just cleared the end of the garden which was all overgrown and had a
rotting shed. The bit near the house is just a lawn with a flower bed down
each side, but we now have a bare patch at the top about 20ft wide by 10ft.
We were just going to flag it but I think something a bit more interesting
could be done. It will have a garden bench on it and maybe a table/chairs
(probably next year now though!) so it would need to be quite solid (or at
least the some of it would need to be).

Any ideas? Maybe a few flags surrounded by gravel or slate chippings?

cheers

da.

Old 28-06-2003, 11:32 PM

How about sinking some tall posts into the ground in a semi-circle and
growing climbers up them so that you form a sort of bower. If you wanted
to, you could then put laths or trellising across from post to post and
create a pergola at the same time. If you want to have a table and chairs
there, I'd have paving rather than gravel and make sure the paving is flat
and firmly 'set'. Knock the corner off the paving slabs here and there

and
plant low-growing but nicely smelling herbs, like Thyme so that when you
walk there and brush against them, they release their scent.

sounds intersting :-)

Ever get the feeling you should just give up? Lintama United Kingdom 5 02-11-2015 04:30 PM
What a feeling... Claude Orchids 13 17-11-2004 09:53 AM
Now that's a good feeling!! Mark and Kim Smith Ponds 1 28-06-2004 02:03 PM
Pillow feeling as filter media ? Amit Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 21-12-2003 03:42 PM
[IBC] (off topic) Trees increase the feeling of well-being Rainer Burmeister Bonsai 1 08-04-2003 02:20 PM