GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   dead man"s oatmeal (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/34613-dead-man-s-oatmeal.html)

dave johnson 28-06-2003 05:39 PM

dead man"s oatmeal

Does anyone know the name of this plant found in cemeteries that looks like
a small giant hog-weed

martin 28-06-2003 05:39 PM

dead man"s oatmeal

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:25:21 +0100, "dave johnson"
wrote:

Does anyone know the name of this plant found in cemeteries that looks like
a small giant hog-weed

Cow parsley?
--
martin

dave johnson 28-06-2003 05:39 PM

dead man"s oatmeal

thanks, but the leaves on the plant I have seen dolook like hog weed and is
4 - 5 feet tall!

martin 28-06-2003 05:39 PM

dead man"s oatmeal

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:36:45 +0100, "dave johnson"
wrote:

thanks, but the leaves on the plant I have seen do look like hog weed and is
4 - 5 feet tall!

not that small then. Perhaps it is giant hog weed.

--
martin

dave johnson 28-06-2003 05:45 PM

dead man"s oatmeal

Thanks,Martin, I did a search for cow parsley on google and the page 3 of
images looks like it. They call it cow parsnip but say its parsley family
can get 7 feet.Not harmful !

Kay Easton 28-06-2003 10:15 PM

dead man"s oatmeal

In article , dave johnson december13
@december13.karoo.co.uk writes
Does anyone know the name of this plant found in cemeteries that looks like
a small giant hog-weed

If it looks like a small giant hog weed, could it be hog weed (ordinary
as opposed to giant)?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

martin 29-06-2003 08:57 AM

dead man"s oatmeal

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:15:32 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

Edward's earthworm page:

Australian museum, Sydney, shirley?
--