Old 29-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Janice

Default Leaf Miners

I have a terrible problem this year with leaf miners. They're in
everything -- spinach and chrysanthemum, which isn't unusual, but they're
also in ranunculus and several perennials, all in different areas of the
garden. They're also in my greenhouse plants too.

I've been picking off the affected leaves, to no avail.

Anyone else noticed an abundance of this pest recently? Anyone have
suggestions on dealing with them? Are they are big pest or just a minor
nuisance?

Thanks.

Old 21-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Judy Donovan

"Janice" wrote in message
I have a terrible problem this year with leaf miners. They're in
everything -- spinach and chrysanthemum, which isn't unusual, but they're
also in ranunculus and several perennials, all in different areas of the
garden. They're also in my greenhouse plants too.

I've been picking off the affected leaves, to no avail.

Anyone else noticed an abundance of this pest recently? Anyone have
suggestions on dealing with them? Are they are big pest or just a minor
nuisance?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I'm new to the group and am hoping to visit regularly to pick up tips and
ask for advice.
I have the leafminer problem too - at the moment on salad leaves and sugar
snap peas (we eat the pea leaves & shoots in salad v.delicious!) so am
looking for a non-toxic remedy. As Janice is doing I'm regularly picking
off affected leaves but it doesn't seem to be eliminating it.

Any ideas anyone?

thanks
Judy

leaf miners cb Gardening 5 01-04-2007 05:14 PM
leaf miners chris Gardening 0 03-09-2004 08:48 AM
Leaf Miners in my Columbine BottleCap Gardening 10 31-05-2004 04:07 AM
Leaf miners on pepper plants Stan Goodman Edible Gardening 5 18-05-2004 07:18 PM
Website guide to leaf miners Andy Mabbett United Kingdom 0 08-03-2003 11:00 PM