GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Goooseberries look mouldy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/35074-goooseberries-look-mouldy.html)

More to Wiggle 01-07-2003 10:32 AM

Goooseberries look mouldy

I've planted a gooseberry bush in the last few months and it has fruited
recently. However, the lower fruit looks mouldy. Someone told me it is a
mildew bloom and that I can wipe it off and still use the fruit. Thing is,
why is it there in the first place? This plant is surrounded by a mulch of
wood chippings and it has been suggested that I haven't given it enough
water.

Vicky
--
"Have you noticed since everyone has a camcorder in the car these days no
one talks about seeing UFO's like they used to?"