Old 01-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Adam Powell

Default Woodlice

Help!

Can anyone suggest a way to rid my little garden of these pests? They
are EVERYWHERE! Every stone I move, every leaf I look under, they're
even in the house! What/how much damage are they doing? Am I right to
blame them for the fact that only 10% of the bulbs I plant ever come up?

TIA

Adam

Old 01-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article . uk,
Adam Powell writes:

| Can anyone suggest a way to rid my little garden of these pests? They
| are EVERYWHERE! Every stone I move, every leaf I look under, they're
| even in the house! What/how much damage are they doing? Am I right to
| blame them for the fact that only 10% of the bulbs I plant ever come up?

Nuke it. Very little, if any. No.

It is the wet weather. Ignore them - they live on decaying vegetable
matter and rarely cause damage even to seedlings. They are often
found in damaged plant material (e.g. fruit), but it is because
they enter after it has been damaged.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Janice

You can buy a powder (chemical) that will deter them from coming into your
house. I use it sparingly across the doorway where they seem to congregate
in my kitchen.

.co.uk...

woodlice Kay United Kingdom 3 22-10-2005 01:22 AM
Woodlice in Pots les United Kingdom 32 09-05-2004 04:09 PM
Woodlice and now also earwigs More to Wiggle United Kingdom 11 02-07-2003 07:09 PM
Woodlice - good or bad? Sharon Hughes United Kingdom 8 08-06-2003 11:44 PM
Composters and Woodlice JP United Kingdom 1 16-03-2003 07:08 PM